Monday, February 18, 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection &Starter Set Review

About The Product
 
From Real Techniques website
"Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever:
  • Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look."

Review

Contour Brush
This brush can be use to contour an highlight. I like the egg shape of this brush if you have seen their blush brush then this brush is the mini version. The bristles are super soft.
Pointed Foundation Brush
I have not used this brush to apply foundation but I have used this to apply concealer, I think its there perfect size for this purpose and it gets into the corner around your nose and eyes well. The reason I haven't used this to apply foundation is because I hardly ever were foundation all over my face and I think this brush is a bit to small for that.
Detailer Brush
This brush can be used to conceal problem areas on the face or it can also be used as a lip brush which is currently what I use this brush for to apply lipstick. I like the pointed tip of the brush I think it help to make sure you lipstick is on point!
Buffing Brush
On the package the buffing brush is recommend for powder or mineral foundation but I think it really can be used for any type of foundation.
 
 
 Price
I got this set from a store in the mall close to where I live Designer Cosmetics, but you can also purchase these brushes online.
29.95 CAD
 

 Deluxe Crease Brush
This brush is really big I don't use it too much in my crease unless I just doing a simple eye makeup with 3 or 2 shadows, but I do like to use this sometimes to blend out the shadow on my brow bone. I think it works well for that purpose. I have also seen on Pixi Woo Sam using this brush to apply concealer, but I have yet to try this.
Base Shadow Brush 
I think this brush is my favourite out of the set because it so moveable, most base shadow brush are kind of stiff/firm, but with this brush you can also use it to blend out shadows because it is so moveable. I like this but some people might like a firm brush better.
Accent Brush
I like to use this brush when apply shadow around my tear duct and around my lower lash line, you can also use this for highlighting the brow bone if you want a little high light and smudging.   
Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
I like this brush, however this brand does carry an eyeliner brush that is smaller then this one. At first I thought that this brush was too thick but once I used it I actually like the thickness of the brush.
Brow Brush
This brush is not as slim as other brush brushes I have seen and I don't have anything to compare this brush too, as I don't have another brow brush but I like the thickness of the brush I think it cut down the time I spend on my brows.
 
 
 Price
I got this set from the same store close to where I live Designer Cosmetics, but you can also purchase these brushes online as well. I actually was planning to buy these two sets on amazon but then I found out they are being sold some where close to me I decided to not purchase these online. If I did buy these online however I think I would have saved with shipping and handling around 10 dollars because they are cheaper online the core set is around 16 dollars, the starter set is around 15 and for me shipping is around 9 dollars which is an estimate that amazon gave me but I'm ok with spending a little extra.  
29.95 CAD
 
 
Have you tried these brush sets or any Real Techniques Brushes?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 


11 comments:

  1. I have both of these sets too (I got them from iherb.com) and I love them! Isn't Designer Cosmetics a gem? I have one near me too and always go there for nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen Designer Cosmetics before I moved to where I live now but yes they are a great store, I didn't know they had other locations :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to pick up these brushes!! I hear such amazing things about them :-) Great pics, Kayla! They look gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Walmarts to try and find these sets! I have to decided which one I would want though...as I have a lot of brushes from IMATS, and don't technically need more. but these are so raved about, that i feel i should try out a set. thanks for sharing your views on it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have always wanted to buy these but never got to it! i think i will eventually get a couple as i have felt them before and they are amazingly soft!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are so soft and stay that way even after washing :)

      Delete
  5. I still have not tried out these brushes. I hear so many great things about them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...