Monday, March 4, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection Review

 
When the Archie's Girls Collection was coming out I was thinking that I was going to buy pretty much everything from this collection and I was planning to save for it, but when the collection actually came out I found myself not really interested anymore until I started to see reviews and pictures on instagram. I actually waited a few weeks before I bought anything and I went by myself and picked up two of the Veronica lip glass and then I went back with my cousin to an event at my local MAC counter on a Friday and I picked up a face powder, I really wanted to get the Veronica blush Prom Princess but sadly they are sold out online and in my at my local MAC.
 
About The Collection
From the MAC website "The ravishing rivals for Archie's affection inspire a colour collection celebrating their iconic personas. Smoulder in deep and seductive tones inspired by spoiled rich girl Veronica or beam like blonde-next-door Betty in soft and innocent shades for eyes and face. So gorgeous in exclusively designed packaging. Limited edition."
 
 
MAC Veronica Lip Glass Mall Madness 
About The Product
From the MAC website "High-gloss, glass-like finish tinted with violet, red and blackened plum - as rich and ravishing as Veronica herself. Wear it alone or pair it with lipstick for a perfectly glossed look. Limited edition."
 
Review
On the website Mall Madness is describe as a midtone pink violet. I think it's this colour is a plum tone lip gloss. Mall Madness is my favourite MAC lip glass that I have tried so far because it's not too bright and its not to dark it is a tinted gloss with gold and purple shimmer. It's a bit of a sticky gloss but I do find that the colour last for a good amount of time and it doesn't dry out my lips. It also goes great with a plum lipstick and this gloss on top to add some shine.  
 
Price
$20.00 CAD
 
 
Strawberry Malt
 
About The Product
From the MAC website "High-gloss, glass-like finish tinted with violet, red and blackened plum - as rich and ravishing as Veronica herself. Wear it alone or pair it with lipstick for a perfectly glossed look. Limited edition."
 
Review
MAC describes Strawberry Malt as a bright red, I think it's a bright red gloss with high shine. Strawberry Malt to me is not too much of a tinted gloss is does have more colour them Mall Madness and it has a subtle transparency. Like other MAC glosses I find it to also be sticky but this gloss last long. I think this colour would be prefect over Ronnie Red and I would have bought these two together but Ronnie Red was sold out at the time I made my purchase, but you can wear this over any red lipstick that is around this red tone to add shine and it looks great.   
 
Price
$20.00 CAD
 
 
MAC Archie's Girls Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder
About The Product
Describe by MAC "Love is in the details with all-new Pearlmatte Face Powder combining pearlized and satin shades to achieve an array of looks. Hearts are adorably stamped onto the base. Effortlessly blends with a rich and creamy texture. Use for highlighting and blush effects or as an Eye Shadow with a velvet-smooth finish. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging."
 
Review
I have never tried a Pearlmatte before and I really didn't know what it was so I asked one of the MAC makeup artist that were working at the counter if she could explain to me a bit more what a Pealmatte is, Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder is a highlighter and blush in one, but it's not a shimmery as a highlighter would be it gives of a nice soft glow to the skin. Flatter Me has golden peach base with coral hearts. In the swatches from the first swatch which is at the top of my hand is the swatch of the coral heart which is a coral matte, the next swatch is the frosted golden peach and the last swatch is the two colours mixed together which looks beautiful together.
 
Price
$35.00 CAD
 
Here is some picture from the event, we went early, so there wasn't really anyone there when we went.
 
 
 
 
What do you think of Archie's Girls Collection?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. WOW!! Strawberry Malt was MADE for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and photos!
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love Archie, what a cute collection! The face powder looks adorable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been loving the face powder the most, I'm glad that I bought it :)

      Delete
  4. I used to read Archie when I was a kid so when MAC came out with this collection I wanted to get it but then I just decided not to for some reason and I don't know why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really read it as a kid but I did have a few of the comics, you should go to mac and check out the collection in person :)

      Delete
  5. The lip glosses are pretty. Mall Madness is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Mall Madness is my fav out of the two glosses that I got :)

      Delete

I love to read what you guys have too say, so please leave your comments but please refrain from follow for follow comments thanks you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...